Who’s prepared for an epic, fall-inspired baked oatmeal recipe? You? Good, me too.
I’m nonetheless not over zucchini season and this recipe is the right transition from summer season into fall. A few years again I shared this totally unimaginable Spiced Apple Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze and everybody fell in LOVE, together with my crew and household.
SO final 12 months I made a decision to make a twist on that scrumptious bread with this glorious spiced apple zucchini baked oatmeal. It’s stuffed with cozy spices like cinnamon and allspice (my fav), has some enjoyable non-compulsory mix-ins like raisins and nuts, and is drizzled with a stunning, gentle cinnamon vanilla glaze. Life’s too quick to not glaze your baked oatmeal.
Bonus factors: this zucchini apple baked oatmeal can simply be was on-the-go oatmeal cups and is freezer-friendly! AKA the most effective meal prep breakfast for transitioning you from summer season into fall. I do know we’re not fairly prepared for pumpkin season, so begin with this lovely seasonal breakfast and we’ll speak fall in a couple of weeks.
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Guide
Join under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my greatest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
The whole lot you’ll have to make this apple zucchini baked oatmeal
This simple zucchini apple baked oatmeal is of course sweetened and made with loads of warming spices that you simply’re going to like. Right here’s every part you’ll have to make it:
- Zucchini: sure, we’re including that lovely veggie, and no, you received’t be capable of style it! Shredded zucchini provides the baked oatmeal moisture and that zucchini bread taste.
- For further moisture: we’re including applesauce (I really like cinnamon applesauce!) which additionally provides it a stunning apple taste, plus just a little almond milk and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs to assist the baked oatmeal bake up correctly.
- Maple syrup: this baked oatmeal is of course sweetened with just a little pure maple syrup.
- Oats: quaint rolled oats are what make this a baked oatmeal.
- Spices: get the last word cozy flavors from a mixture of cinnamon, allspice, ginger & nutmeg.
- Apple: you’ll combine diced honeycrisp apple proper into the batter, and be happy so as to add extra slices on high!
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine-ins: I additionally love folding in raisins and chopped pecans or walnuts, however these are non-compulsory.
- For the glaze: oh you already know we love a glaze. This one is made with vanilla yogurt, powdered sugar, just a little almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Customise your zucchini apple baked oatmeal
I at all times suggest sticking with the recipes as greatest as doable (particularly for baking) however there are a couple of simple methods to customise this baked oatmeal that I can suggest:
- To maintain gluten free: merely use gluten free rolled oats.
- To maintain dairy free: use melted, cooled coconut oil within the batter as an alternative of butter, and use a dairy free yogurt within the glaze.
- To maintain nut free: use a daily, nut free milk and easily depart the non-compulsory nuts out of the batter.
- For the milk: I used unsweetened almond milk to maintain the baked oatmeal dairy free, however be happy to make use of any milk you’d like.
- For the powdered sugar: be happy to swap for 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
- For the glaze: that is non-compulsory! You would additionally drizzle your baked oatmeal slice with further maple syrup — it should nonetheless be superb.
Can I exploit different oats?
I might not suggest utilizing metal reduce oats as a result of the feel on this zucchini apple baked oatmeal won’t be the identical. Be at liberty to make use of fast oats if in case you have them readily available, however I’d suggest including a bit greater than the recipe requires.
Can I make it vegan?
I haven’t examined this recipe utilizing flax eggs, however let me know when you do within the feedback! Then be sure you observe the substitutions above for retaining the baked oatmeal dairy free. Discover ways to make flax eggs right here!
How you can make apple zucchini oatmeal cups
I really like making this baked oatmeal into oatmeal cups for the right on-the-go breakfast that’s simple to pack! To take action:
- Prep your pan. Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the zucchini apple oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you must get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and luxuriate in!
Retailer it for later
Be certain the zucchini apple oatmeal bake has cooled fully, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It would keep good lined within the fridge for 4-5 days. It’s also possible to retailer particular person slices in hermetic containers for ease, and easily reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
How you can freeze this apple zucchini baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the baked oatmeal has fully cooled, reduce it into 6 or 8 squares and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. It’s also possible to freeze your entire baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it effectively and inserting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whenever you’re able to eat it, place an unwrapped frozen sq. of apple zucchini baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat your entire baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
I hope you’re keen on this apple zucchini baked oatmeal recipe! When you make it be sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Spiced Zucchini Apple Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
Fantastic apple zucchini baked oatmeal stuffed with cozy spices and drizzled with a light-weight cinnamon vanilla glaze. This protein-packed zucchini apple baked oatmeal is freezer-friendly and the right breakfast for transitioning from summer season to fall! Add nuts and raisins for the last word breakfast deal with.
- Moist substances:
- 1 medium zucchini*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (i really like utilizing cinnamon applesauce!)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or melted and cooled coconut oil
- Dry substances:
- 2 cups quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely diced honeycrisp apples (from 1 medium honeycrisp apple, diced)
- Elective: 1/4 cup raisins
- Elective: 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- For the cinnamon vanilla glaze:
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (or sub dairy free yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (or you may sub 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey)
- 1-2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk, to skinny
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For topping:
- Elective: Thinly sliced apples
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Spray a 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
*First, measure out 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini out of your medium zucchini, then place shredded zucchini in a paper towel or cheese material and squeeze out all the moisture/water. This is essential!
In a medium bowl, combine collectively the shredded zucchini, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted and cooled butter or coconut oil till effectively mixed.
Subsequent stir in dry substances: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt; stir effectively to mix. Fold in diced apples, raisins and pecans/walnuts.
Unfold out oatmeal in a ready pan. Add thinly sliced apples on high when you’d like. Bake for 35-40 minutes till edges are barely golden and middle is ready.
In a small bowl, combine collectively the greek yogurt, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon; combine to mix. Add extra milk if needed so you may drizzle on high of the oatmeal. Serves 6-8. Take pleasure in!
See the complete submit for tactics to customise your baked oatmeal, learn how to flip it into oatmeal cups, plus storing & freezing directions.
Serving: 1slice (primarily based on 6, with out nuts & raisins)Energy: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 41.7gProtein: 7.3gFats: 8.1gSaturated Fats: 3.3gFiber: 4.6gSugar: 16.2g