Breakfast for a crowd simply acquired a complete lot simpler with these sheet pan eggs. Sautéed onions and mushrooms, gruyere, pecorino, and half-and-half are whisked along with eggs, poured right into a sheet pan, and baked into a superbly sliceable, sharable sheet of breakfast goodness.
Straightforward Sheet Pan Eggs Recipe
In search of a fast, hassle-free breakfast choice that’s tasty, good for you, and excellent for a crowd? You must attempt these sheet pan eggs. A easy combination of sautéed mushrooms and onions, eggs, gruyere, pecorino, and a contact of half-and-half is poured right into a sheet pan and baked right into a scrumptious “scramble”. The deep, savory flavors of the sautéed veggies, the nuttiness of the gruyere, the sharp chunk of the pecorino, and the taming creaminess of the half and half come collectively within the excellent marriage of flavors that’s certain to fulfill style buds far and broad. I really like which you can make so many servings at a time. Simply slice your sheet pan eggs into 12 or so parts to feed the entire gang.
You’ll solely want 10 minutes within the kitchen earlier than popping these simple eggs within the oven and going about your morning. Plus, clean-up is a cinch. Say goodbye to the mess and fuss of conventional stovetop scrambled eggs and make method to your new favourite breakfast answer.
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs
This egg-centric recipe would possibly simply turn out to be a brand new breakfast staple. It’s really easy to throw collectively and excellent for a crowd.
- Easy. Sheet pan eggs are extremely simple to make. Simply saute some veggies, whisk some eggs, mix all of it with cheese and half-and-half, and bake in a sheet pan.
- Wealthy and flavorful. The meaty mushrooms, the creamy half-and-half, the chunk of the pecorino, and the nuttiness of the gruyere all come collectively to create a flavorful breakfast dish.
- Customizable. Change up your cheeses, get inventive with add-ins, and/or play with seasonings. This recipe is definitely tailor-made to suit your style preferences.
- Straightforward cleanup. No extra slaving over dishes. A parchment paper-lined sheet pan is method simpler to wash up than an eggy skillet. But another excuse why this dreamy breakfast recipe makes it to the highest of my record of hassle-free breakfasts.
How To Make Sheet Pan Eggs
This dish is the final word breakfast hack, and this straightforward information will present you easy methods to make it. It’s only a fuss-free recipe that mixes contemporary elements and minimal effort for an exquisite morning meal. For the total recipe, be certain to scroll to the recipe card beneath.
Components For Sheet Pan Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Child Bella Mushrooms: White mushrooms would additionally work.
- Half and Half: Be at liberty to make use of entire milk or 2% as an alternative for a barely lighter dish.
- Shredded Gruyere & Pecorino: You may also experiment with different cheeses.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till tender.
- Scramble. Whisk collectively the eggs, half and half, salt, and floor black pepper.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir within the veggies and cheeses.
- Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Add-Ins & Variations For Scrambled Eggs
One of many nice issues about these sheet pan eggs is that they’re endlessly customizable. Think about this recipe a top level view so that you can construct on. Add elements. Take them away. Attempt a unique cheese. Go wild! Listed below are some concepts for you.
- Contemporary herbs. I really like incorporating contemporary chives, parsley, and/or tarragon into the egg combination.
- Pack within the veggies. Don’t cease at mushrooms. Add some sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, and/or spinach to the combo for a good heartier dose of greens.
- Cater to carnivores. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for an additional protein increase.
- Make it spicy. A pinch of pink pepper flakes or a splash of sizzling sauce would make the right addition for these of you who like a little bit of spice.
- Tex-Mex. Fold in some tomatoes and cilantro and high with avocado and salsa for a south-of-the-border rendition of this crowd-friendly dish.
- Make it Mediterranean. Swap the mushrooms out for sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives and go for feta as an alternative of gruyere.
Ideas for Success
- Use a rimmed baking sheet. This may occasionally go with out saying however I simply wish to drive the purpose dwelling. You want a rim in your baking sheet except you need your eggs to spill out all around the oven.
- Parchment paper. I actually recommend utilizing parchment paper right here. You would get away with a superb coat of non-stick baking spray or non-stick aluminum foil, however the eggs would possibly nonetheless stick.
- Don’t crowd the pan. When sautéing the mushrooms, you wish to give them loads of room to breathe. For those who overcrowd the pan, the mushrooms will launch moisture and develop a rubbery texture.
- Don’t over-beat the eggs. Over-beating the eggs could cause them to get rubbery as they cook dinner. So, whisk simply till the whites have principally blended with the yolks.
- Transfer rapidly. You wish to get the eggs within the oven quickly after whisking them. Whisking the eggs incorporates some air into them, which provides them a light-weight, fluffy texture when baked. That air will slowly go away the eggs the longer they sit after whisking.
- Don’t overcook. You wish to bake simply till the eggs are set within the middle of the pan. I like to recommend checking for doneness about 5 minutes earlier than the cooking time is up.
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Eggs
Don’t let these eggs face the world alone! They’re even higher when loved with different culinary masterpieces. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to do it.
Methods to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Enable eggs to chill, minimize them into particular person parts, and switch them to an hermetic container. They’ll hold effectively for as much as 4 days within the fridge.
- Freezer. Cool the eggs, minimize them into particular person servings, freeze them on a sheet pan to agency for a few hours, then switch them to an hermetic container or freezer bag. Retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months, and thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To reheat. Prepare the specified portion/s on a baking sheet, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake at 350˚F for quarter-hour or till heated by means of. If utilizing the microwave, warmth the eggs in 20-second intervals till heat.
Extra Straightforward Egg Recipes
I really like eggs for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. This sheet pan egg recipe has captured my coronary heart however so have these different egg-centric dishes. Let me know which is your favourite.
Prep. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth in a big skillet. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till browned and tender. Put aside.
Scramble. Crack the eggs into a big mixing bowl and add the half and half, salt, and floor black pepper. Whisk till the eggs are effectively overwhelmed, and every little thing is mixed.
Put all of it collectively. Stir the sauteed veggies and the 2 cheeses into the egg combination.
Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan. Use a rubber spatula to unfold the combination evenly over the sheet pan if mandatory. Bake for 20 minutes or till the eggs are set, and the highest is golden brown.
Serve. Take away the eggs from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing them into squares and serving.
- Add-Ins: Customise these sheet pan eggs to your liking by including or eradicating elements. Experiment with totally different cheeses and mix-ins. Attempt contemporary herbs like chives, parsley, or tarragon. Enhance the veggie content material with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, or your favourite veggies. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for further protein.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to stop spills within the oven.
- Parchment paper is really useful to stop sticking; non-stick spray or foil might not work as successfully.
- Keep away from over-beating the eggs, which can lead to a rubbery texture.
- Work rapidly after whisking the eggs to keep up their gentle, fluffy texture.
- Bake till the middle units, as overcooking can result in toughness. Test for doneness 5 minutes earlier than the really useful cooking time.
- Storage: Cool the eggs, retailer them in an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 4 days. To freeze, minimize the sheet pan eggs into particular person parts, and retailer them in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1 slice | Energy: 213 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 16 g | Fats: 15 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 405 mg | Sodium: 711 mg | Potassium: 303 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 710 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 124 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 3 g
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might fluctuate in line with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.