This pleasant Rooster Broccoli Salad has a tasty peanut butter dressing, and this can be a distinctive salad meal that’s good any time of 12 months. Peanut butter followers will love this salad that’s comparatively low in carbs and excessive in protein, and it stays good within the fridge for a number of days, making it nice for Weekend Meals Prep!
At this time I’m updating the photographs to entice you do this Rooster Broccoli Salad that’s comprised of chunks of shredded hen, small bites of crunchy broccoli, and finely diced purple bell pepper tossed with a flavorful slightly-sweet dressing product of peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, ginger and garlic. I’d love this for lunch or dinner any time of 12 months!
You’ll most likely like this excellent salad much more once I inform you how simple it’s to make, and in case you have cooked hen available you could possibly simply have this on the desk in 15 or 20 minutes! And I used to be consuming leftovers of this from the fridge for a number of days, so it’s an incredible salad for Weekend Meals Prep.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely a listing of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Peanut Oil (affiliate hyperlink), or different neutral-flavored oil
- Adams 100% Pure Peanut Butter (affiliate hyperlink), Skippy No-Sugar Added Creamy Peanut Butter (affiliate hyperlink), or different pure peanut butter with out sugar
- soy sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate hyperlink)
- fresh-squeezed lime juice, I used my fresh-frozen lime juice
- Minced Ginger (affiliate hyperlink), from a jar, or use recent minced ginger root
- Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), from a jar, or use recent minced garlic
- Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), or sweetener of your selection
- rotisserie hen breast, chopped
- purple bell pepper, chopped
- broccoli, reduce into small bite-sized items
- chopped peanuts for garnish (elective)
What impressed this Rooster Broccoli Salad?
Years in the past I noticed the unique model of this salad in Sundown Journal and began occupied with how I may adapt it to be decrease in carbs. I switched inexperienced peas for diced purple bell pepper, used pure peanut butter with out added sugar, sweetened the dressing with Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), and upped the ginger for a extra highly-flavored dressing, and the consequence was an amazingly good mixture that I’ve ended up making again and again.
How will you make the Rooster Broccoli Salad decrease in carbs?
This tasty salad is fairly low in web carbs, however for those who desire even fewer carbs simply use extra hen and fewer broccoli!
Extra Peanut Butter Love from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
The way to make Rooster Broccoli Salad
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Whisk collectively the oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, minced ginger, minced garlic, Monkfruit Sweetener, and water to make the dressing.
- Chop up sufficient leftover cooked hen breast to make 3 cups diced hen.
- We tossed the hen with a part of the dressing to marinate whereas we chopped the greens.
- Chop up 5 cups of broccoli into small chew sized florets.
- Chop up a big purple bell pepper into 1/2 inch items.
- Chop up peanuts, if utilizing.
- Combine the broccoli and purple bell pepper with the hen/dressing combination after which stir in as a lot of the reserved dressing as you favor.
- Stir in chopped peanuts, saving a couple of to sprinkle on prime if desired.
- I ate the leftovers from the fridge for 2 days, and was unhappy after they have been gone!
Extra Enjoyable Concepts for Broccoli Salad:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to my class for Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you can also make on the weekend and have leftovers to reheat or eat once more in the course of the week!
- 3 T peanut oil (or different neutral-flavored oil)
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter with out sugar (see notes)
- 3 T soy sauce (see notes)
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 T minced ginger (see notes)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T Granulated Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups diced cooked hen breast
- 1 purple bell pepper, reduce into small 1/2 inch cube
- 5 cups chopped broccoli, reduce into small bite-sized items (see notes)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish (elective)
- Whisk collectively the peanut or vegetable oil, pure or sugar-free peanut butter, soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, granulated Monkfruit sweetener, and water to make the dressing.
- Reduce up hen into chew sized items so you’ve got about 3 cups of diced, cooked hen, put hen in salad bowl, and blend in about half the dressing. Let hen marinate in dressing when you reduce up different substances.
- Trim broccoli and chop into bite-sized items, to make 5 cups chopped broccoli.
- Trim ends and take away seeds from purple bell pepper, and reduce into half-inch strips after which into squares.
- Coarsely chop peanuts, if utilizing.
- Add the chopped broccoli and items of purple pepper to the hen dressing combination and stir to mix. Add further dressing till the salad is a moist as you favor.
- Stir in chopped peanuts (if utilizing). We saved some to sprinkle on prime of the completed salad.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate for a couple of hours if making forward.
- This can keep good within the fridge for a number of days, and I used to be unhappy when my leftovers have been gone.
I am a fan of Adams 100% Pure Peanut Butter or Skippy Sugar-Free Peanut Butter.
Be sure you use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) if wanted.
You should use minced ginger and minced garlic from a jar or minced recent ginger root and garlic, whichever you favor.
We began with a few pound of broccoli items that we trimmed to get 5 cups small items of broccoli.
This recipe tailored from Broccoli Rooster Salad in Sundown Journal, submitted by Sundown reader Betsy Dasenko.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 405Whole Fats: 24gSaturated Fats: 4.2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 17.8gLdl cholesterol: 60mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 7.1gSugar: 4.8gProtein: 33g
Diet info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Recommendations:
So long as you employ pure peanut butter with out added sugar and use an authorised sweetener to sweeten the dressing, this Rooster Broccoli Salad can be an incredible selection for low-carb diets or for any part of the unique South Seaside Food plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use the Salad Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Kind Index to search out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally wish to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013, and I’ve made it fairly a couple of occasions since then. It was up to date with higher photographs and extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.