These simple pumpkin baked oatmeal cups are excellent to make prematurely for breakfast on the go this fall!
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
For those who’re a pumpkin lover, you’ll love this wholesome make-ahead breakfast! I like baked oatmeal, so I performed round with my baked oatmeal recipe to create these Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups, made with oatmeal, canned pumpkin, yogurt, and pumpkin spice and drizzled with a yogurt glaze. They’re nice to meal prep
for the week. Extra of my favourite simple oatmeal recipes are these Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, On the spot Pot Baked Oatmeal Bars, and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Cookies.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups Substances
- Oats: You’ll want one cup of fast oats. I choose natural, however common oats are good, too.
- Salt: 1 / 4 teaspoon of kosher salt improves the feel and style.
- Baking Powder helps the oatmeal cups rise.
- Pumpkin Spice: Pumpkin pie spice gives a heat, fall taste. Add as much as two teaspoons, relying on how a lot spice you like.
- Milk: I used almond milk, however any form will work.
- Vanilla enhances the flavour of those pumpkin oatmeal cups.
- Eggs: Beat two giant eggs.
- Greek Yogurt: Purchase a low-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt, like Fage.
- Sweetener: Use brown sugar or monk fruit if you happen to’re attempting to scale back added sugar.
- Pumpkin: Canned pumpkin puree retains these wholesome oatmeal cups moist with out including additional fats.
- Powdered Sugar combines with milk and yogurt to create a glaze for drizzling over the completed pumpkin oatmeal muffins.
How you can Make Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups
- Make the Pumpkin Oatmeal Batter: Whisk oats, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice in a big bowl. Stir within the milk, vanilla extract, crushed eggs, sugar, and yogurt.
- Bake: Spray six cups of a muffin tin and divide the batter evenly among the many cups. Bake at 350˚F for 28 to half-hour, rotating midway by.
- Put together the Glaze: Combine the remaining yogurt and milk with the powdered sugar.
- Serving: Let the oatmeal cups cool for 5 minutes within the pan earlier than transferring them to a cooling rack. Drizzle every with the glaze and funky for 5 extra minutes earlier than consuming.
- What can I take advantage of as an alternative to fast oats? For those who’re out of fast oats, pulse rolled oats, additionally known as old school oats, in a meals processor or blender a number of instances. Then measure one cup of oats.
- Chocolate Chips: Stir mini chocolate chips into these pumpkin oatmeal cups.
- Spices: For those who’re out of pumpkin spice however have the person spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves), use a mixture of them. You can too make these with simply cinnamon.
- Meal Prep: Double or triple this baked oatmeal muffin recipe and freeze half for later.
How you can Retailer Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
Retailer these baked oatmeal cups in an hermetic container or plastic bag as soon as cooled and refrigerate for as much as 5 days. Reheat them within the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
Can I freeze oatmeal cups?
Sure, you’ll be able to freeze pumpkin oatmeal cups for as much as three months. Thaw them within the fridge for a number of hours or microwave them from frozen till heat.
What’s the distinction between baked oats and oatmeal?
Baked oats and oatmeal have totally different textures. Baked oats are firmer, to allow them to be held when eaten and nice if you happen to want a fast breakfast whereas on the go. Oatmeal is looser and is eaten in a bowl with a spoon.
Are baked oats nonetheless wholesome?
Oats are filled with fiber and protein, irrespective of how they’re ready. These wholesome pumpkin baked oatmeal cups have 6 grams of protein and 1.5 grams of fiber and are positive to maintain you full till lunch.
Extra Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 oatmeal cup
Preheat oven to 350F. Generously spray a typical 6-cup muffin tin with baking spray.
To a big bowl, add the oats, salt, baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice then whisk to mix.
Add 1 cup milk, vanilla extract, crushed eggs, sugar and ½ cup yogurt. Whisk till simply mixed.
To assemble: Divide the batter into every muffin cup then bake for 28 to half-hour, rotating midway by, till oats are simply set.
In the meantime, mix the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons yogurt with 1/2 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Whisk to mix.
When muffin cups are executed, enable to chill within the pan for five minutes, then rigorously switch them to a cooling rack. Drizzle every with a little bit glaze and permit to chill at the very least one other 5 minutes.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
To reheat microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
Serving: 1 oatmeal cup, Energy: 104 kcal, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 6 g, Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Ldl cholesterol: 64 mg, Sodium: 137 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 2 g