In the event you observe me on Instagram you could have caught a bit of sneak peek of this recipe a couple of weeks again. Okay, it was actually SO good that I knew we needed to put it on the weblog.
This tomato basil baked orzo is made in a single pan with tremendous easy components and may simply be your new favourite weeknight dinner. I initially made it with my fav model of tuna and all of my boys (Tony included) devoured all of it up.
I imply, tender pasta, saucy goodness, contemporary basil, and melty cheese — what extra may you ask for? I feel it will be fantastic with any of your fav proteins blended in, so be sure you scroll by and get some inspo. Cook dinner this lovely one pan baked orzo up ASAP and luxuriate in!
Every thing you’ll must make this tomato basil baked orzo
This simple dinner is actually a type of clean-out-the-fridge meals which you can come again to time and time once more. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Produce: we’re including lovely cherry tomatoes, an onion, and garlic. You’ll additionally get an additional enhance of veggies by stirring in 2 full cups of spinach!
- Olive oil: you’ll want a bit of olive oil to prepare dinner down the veggies.
- Sauce: be happy to make use of your favourite retailer purchased basil pesto and tomato basil sauce on this recipe. In the event you’re feeling adventurous, attempt my Cilantro Pistachio Pesto and my Selfmade Tomato Sauce!
- Orzo: this baked orzo recipe, in fact, wants orzo! You’ll prepare dinner it proper in the identical pan with the sauces and a bit of water or broth.
- Herbs & spices: you’ll want salt, Italian seasoning, and contemporary basil for garnishing.
- Cheese: can’t overlook about that gooey cheese! We’re mixing shredded mozzarella proper into the pasta after which including extra on prime to get good and melted.
Add your favourite protein
Once I first made this baked orzo I stirred in a can of my favourite tuna to offer it a scrumptious enhance of protein. The kiddos nonetheless devoured it up! This recipe would even be good with:
- Cooked, cubed or shredded rooster (a good way to make use of up leftover rotisserie rooster!)
- Floor Italian pork or turkey sausage
- Sliced rooster sausage
- A can of your favourite tuna!
Merely prepare dinner your protein of selection and stir it in after you fold within the orzo.
Can I make it gluten free?
Positive! Merely use gluten free orzo or your favourite gluten free brief pasta. Simple!
Together with the tomatoes and spinach, you may additionally add tons of various greens to essentially make this dish your personal. Be at liberty to prepare dinner some bell pepper, zucchini, and even mushrooms with the tomatoes and luxuriate in a veggie-packed pasta!
One pan baked orzo in 5 simple steps
- Make the sauce. Begin by cooking down the onion, tomatoes, and garlic in a bit of olive oil and salt till the tomatoes break down. Stir within the spinach, pesto, tomato sauce, and broth or water.
- Bake the pasta. Stir the orzo proper into the pan with extra salt and Italian seasoning, plus any further protein if you happen to’d like, then bake all of it at 400 levels till the liquid is usually absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Cheese it up. Take away the pan from the oven, stir in half of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on prime and bake the pasta once more till the cheese is melted. End it underneath the broiler for a few minutes to get good and golden brown.
- Garnish & serve. Lastly, prime the dish with contemporary basil and pink pepper flakes and devour!
You possibly can retailer any leftover selfmade hamburger helper in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Merely reheat within the microwave.
Extra pasta recipes you’ll love
Get all of my pasta recipes right here!
I hope you like this one pan tomato basil baked orzo! In the event you make it be sure you go away a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
One Pan Tomato Basil Baked Orzo
Cozy one pan tomato basil baked orzo made with beautiful burst cherry tomatoes, basil pesto, and layers of mozzarella cheese. This simple baked orzo recipe is fantastic by itself and scrumptious along with your fav proteins blended proper in. Child-friendly and excellent for busy weeknights!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup basil pesto (store-bought or selfmade)
- 1 cup tomato basil sauce (or your favourite pasta sauce)
- 2 ½ cups water or broth
- 1 pound orzo
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Recent julienned basil, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a big oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium warmth. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, and salt and saute till tomatoes start to interrupt down and launch their juices, 10 minutes. Stir within the spinach, pesto, tomato basil sauce, water/broth and blend till nicely mixed. Subsequent, add the orzo, salt, and italian seasoning and stir till nicely mixed.
Bake uncovered till the liquid is usually absorbed and pasta is cooked although, 10 to 12 minutes.
Take away from the oven and stir ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese into the orzo. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese on prime. Place the skillet again within the oven and bake till the cheese is melted, 5 minutes. Swap oven to the broiler, and broil till the cheese is barely golden in locations, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with contemporary basil and pink pepper flakes, if desired.
See the complete publish for ideas, methods, and methods so as to add your favourite proteins!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 430calCarbohydrates: 52.8gProtein: 16.9gFats: 18gSaturated Fats: 7.3gFiber: 10.7gSugar: 7.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats