In the event you use Fiber Connoisseur Mild Pasta, this Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens is just not that large of a splurge on carbs. However see my ideas on this publish for a number of variations of this scrumptious meatless pasta dinner which are even decrease in carbs.
Via the years I’ve tried fairly a number of recipes that featured some mixture of pasta and greens, and I don’t suppose it’s any secret that kale might be my favourite leafy inexperienced. So I completely swooned over this Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens made with Natural Blended Child Kale.
This recipe is a distinct tackle the same old pasta/greens combo, particularly due to the best way the beneficiant quantity of lemon zest accents the flavour of the kale. This recipe would make a fantastic veggie and pasta facet dish (and possibly you possibly can inform your youngsters that it’s Macaroni and Cheese with Kale!) However for a meatless dinner I’d fortunately eat an enormous bowl of this with a pleasant inexperienced salad on the facet.
What elements do you want?
(That is solely a listing of elements; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the whole recipe.)
- macaroni, ideally Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows (affiliate hyperlink)
- greens similar to kale, collards, mustard greens, or swiss chard
- Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), or use contemporary minced garlic in the event you choose
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Parmesan cheese
What greens can you utilize for the Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens?
I really like this recipe with my favourite Natural Blended Child Kale, however you should use kale, collards, mustard greens, Swiss Chard, spinach, or another greens you want the flavour of. Cooking time shall be shorter for softer greens, particularly spinach.
How are you going to make Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens decrease in carbs?
- In the event you make this recipe with Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows (affiliate hyperlink) will probably be a lot decrease in internet carbs than different kinds of macaroni, solely 15.5 internet carbs per serving.
- You could possibly make the recipe with Palmini Low-Carb Linguini (affiliate hyperlink) in the event you just like the hearts of palm pasta. I might lower the Palmini Linguini into shorter lengths, cook dinner about 5 minutes in salted boiling water, after which drain and use within the recipe.
- In the event you double or triple the quantity of greens however nonetheless use the 8 oz. package deal of Fiber Connoisseur Elbows to make this recipe stretch to six servings, that won’t solely scale back the quantity of carbs, however will make the Fiber Connoisseur pasta cheaper per serving.
Extra About Fiber Connoisseur Mild Pasta:
The largest disadvantage to the Fiber Connoisseur Mild Pasta for many individuals would be the value. I haven’t discovered it in shops close to me, so I purchase it at Amazon the place you possibly can purchase a package deal of 6 containers and get it for $6.66 per field. (affiliate hyperlink). For me it’s such a deal with to have “actual” pasta with out so many carbs that don’t thoughts shopping for six containers without delay. And in many of the recipes the place I’m utilizing it I attempt to use extra lower-carb elements and fewer pasta, in order that reduces the carbs and makes the cost-per-serving much less for the pasta.
The way to make Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Begin cooking the pasta in boiling salted water; then zest one or two massive lemons, and squeeze the juice. (I like numerous zest so I’d use two lemons however you may get away with one. You received’t want all of the lemon juice for this recipe, however simply freeze the additional lemon juice.)
- In the event you’re utilizing bigger greens you’ll want to cut them up however with the Natural Blended Child Kale, we simply washed it within the salad spinner.
- Warmth the oil in a heavy frying pan; then add minced garlic and lemon zest and saute 1 minute.
- Add the greens and cook dinner till they’re wilted. This may take simply 2-3 minutes for child greens and about 5 minutes for bigger chopped greens.
- Drain the pasta when it’s al dente, saving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the new pasta, lemon juice, and reserved pasta cooking water to the pan.
- Flip off warmth and blend within the Parmesan cheese and serve scorching, with further Parmesan so as to add on the desk..
Extra Vegetarian Recipes with Kale:
- 8 ozdry macaroni (ideally Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows)
- 1 tsp. salt for pasta cooking water
- 5 oz. Child Kale (see notes)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 T lemon zest (or extra)
- 1 T lemon juice (or extra)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Cook dinner Macaroni in a big pot of salted water till barely al dente, comply with cooking time on the package deal of pasta. In the event you’re utilizing Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows for the pasta that may take so long as quarter-hour earlier than reaching al dente.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water earlier than draining.
- Whereas pasta cooks, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice and finely chop the garlic if utilizing contemporary garlic.
- Wash greens in a salad spinner if wanted and spin dry.
- If utilizing bigger greens, slice crosswise into 1 inch broad ribbons, discarding stems. (Child greens don’t should be sliced.)
- Warmth olive oil in massive frying pan, add garlic and lemon zest and saute 1 minute.
- Add greens and saute till wilted, about 5 minutes for bigger greens or 2-3 minutes for child greens.
- As quickly as pasta is al dente, save 1/4 cup cooking water after which drain the pasta nicely and add to greens/garlic/lemon combination, with lemon juice and reserved pasta cooking water (as wanted.)
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve scorching, with extra cheese to be added on the desk if desired.
You should use kale, collards, mustard greens, swiss chard, spinach, or no matter greens you like for this recipe. Cooking time shall be shorter for softer greens, particularly spinach.
For years I made this recipe with Dreamfield’s Macaroni, however now I might use Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows. Use any macaroni or different pasta shapes of your alternative.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 235Complete Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 2.9gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6.8gLdl cholesterol: 11mgSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 45.7gFiber: 25.5gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 11.3g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Strategies:
In the event you make the Lemon Parmesan Pasta recipe with Fiber Connoisseur Mild Elbows, this recipe could have 15.5 internet carbs per serving. You can also make it even decrease in carbs by doubling or tripling the quantity of greens and utilizing the identical quantity of pasta. Made with entire wheat pasta, this pasta with greens can be a fantastic dish for part 2 or 3 of the unique South Seashore Food regimen.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Leafy Greens or Pasta to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food regimen Sort index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for This Recipe:
The Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Greens was first posted in 2006! The recipe was final up to date (with a suggestion for Fiber Connoisseur Mild Pasta) in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.