Increasingly more persons are searching for methods to stretch their meals funds with out sacrificing taste and diet. That’s the place the Gradual Cooker Poor Man’s Stew” is available in – a hearty, scrumptious, and budget-friendly dish that may be simply made in a crockpot.
This trending recipe combines reasonably priced components like beef, potatoes, and greens with easy seasonings to create a flavorful and filling meal that’s excellent for any day of the week. Not solely is that this recipe simple to make, nevertheless it’s additionally an effective way to make use of up leftover components and create a meal that the entire household will take pleasure in.
- Use cheaper cuts of meat corresponding to beef chuck or stew meat. I used simply 1 lb. of floor beef which runs about $5 presently.
- Add loads of greens corresponding to potatoes, carrots, inexperienced beans, and onions to make the dish extra filling and nutritious. I’ve seen the place some will add in peas however not till you might be about to serve in order that they don’t grow to be mushy.
- Use easy seasonings corresponding to salt, pepper, and Italian herbs for taste. You probably have garlic powder and onion powder, you should use that as nicely like I did to essentially give a punch of taste.
- Take into account including beans to stretch the dish additional.
- Be sure you prepare dinner your meat (in case you are utilizing floor beef) beforehand. If you happen to take into account extra of a stew meat you’ll be able to add that immediately into the crockpot and permit it to prepare dinner for the complete 7 hours so the meat will likely be good and tender.
- Use broth or inventory as an alternative of water for extra depth of taste.
- Attempt to get seasoned canned diced tomatoes or tomato paste, so as to add richness and acidity to the stew.
- Yukon Gold potatoes: These have a creamy texture and maintain up nicely throughout cooking.
- Crimson potatoes: These have a skinny pores and skin and creamy texture that make them a good selection for stews.
- Regardless of which varieties of potato you select, you should definitely lower them into similar-sized items in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Poor man stew might be saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days. To freeze, let the stew cool to room temperature, switch it to a freezer-safe container or resealable bag, and label with the date earlier than inserting it within the freezer.
Gradual Cooker Poor Man’s Stew
- Add sliced carrots, diced potatoes, diced onions, Italian diced tomatoes, and cooked floor beef within the crockpot.
- Subsequent, stir in beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook dinner stew on low for 6-7 hours or excessive for 3-4 hours.
- Serve stew with contemporary dinner rolls and revel in.
Extra Gradual Cooker Recipes We Love:
Gradual Cooker Poor Man’s Stew
On the lookout for a funds pleasant, taste and diet meal? This Gradual Cooker Poor Man’s Stew is a hearty, scrumptious, low value dish made in a crockpot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 6 hours
Whole Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
Hover over “serves” worth to disclose recipe scaler
- 1 lb. Floor Beef browned and drained entry grease
- 1 & 1/2 lb Yukon Potatoes chopped
- 4 massive Carrots lower into 1/2” slices
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 14.5 oz. Italian Diced Tomatoes not drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
Add sliced carrots, diced potatoes, diced onions, Italian diced tomatoes, and cooked floor beef within the crockpot.
Subsequent, stir in beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Cook dinner stew on low for 6-7 hours or excessive for 3-4 hours.
Serve stew with contemporary dinner rolls and revel in.
Save this recipe for later! Click on the center within the backside proper nook to save lots of to your recipe field!
Energy: 272kcal (14%)Carbohydrates: 31g (10%)Protein: 20g (40%)Fats: 8g (12%)Saturated Fats: 3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.5gLdl cholesterol: 49mg (16%)Sodium: 911mg (38%)Potassium: 1118mg (32%)Fiber: 5g (20%)Sugar: 6g (7%)Vitamin A: 8116IU (162%)Vitamin C: 33mg (40%)Calcium: 84mg (8%)Iron: 4mg (22%)
Household Contemporary Meals isn’t a dietician or nutritionist, and any dietary data shared is barely an estimate. We suggest operating the components by way of an internet dietary calculator if it is advisable confirm any data.