This do-it-yourself fajita seasoning is spicy, smoky, salty, and the one seasoning you’ll must make excellent fajitas each time. It’s loaded with onion, garlic, and cumin, and solely takes a couple of minutes to make.
One in all my favourite meals to make is rooster fajitas. What may very well be higher than spicy, juicy meat, loaded with seasonings, onions, and peppers, and served with heat tortillas? Each time I make this superb Mexican meal, I exploit my do-it-yourself fajita seasoning. It’s actually the one taste you’ll want so as to add to your fajitas.
The key to this recipe is that it’s so well-balanced. It’s not too spicy, not too salty, and never too smoky. It has the right hit of cumin and garlic, and the flavors actually stand out if you prepare dinner up a batch of rooster, steak, or shrimp fajitas. So the following time you’re making Mexican meals, give this spice rub a attempt.
Why This Is the Finest Fajita Seasoning Recipe
I all the time have a jar of do-it-yourself fajita seasoning on my spice rack. Right here’s why I do know you’ll find it irresistible.
- Quick and straightforward. There’s nothing simpler than making an excellent spice rub. All you must do is take seven spices, combine them collectively, and put them in a jar. That’s actually your entire recipe!
- Higher than store-bought. Most individuals use a store-bought rub once they make fajitas. However this recipe is so significantly better. It tastes far more contemporary and flavorful than something you’ll purchase within the retailer.
- Cheaper. It’s additionally means cheaper to make your individual spice rubs. Fajita seasoning will get actually marked up within the retailer, so it can save you some huge cash by making your individual.
- Tremendous versatile. This spice rub is a one-stop store for if you make fajitas. It’s my go-to shrimp fajita seasoning, steak fajita seasoning, and rooster fajita seasoning recipe. It’s also possible to use it to season the meat in some other Mexican recipe.
Listed below are the components that you just’ll must make this spicy and smoky do-it-yourself rub. Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the web page to see the precise quantities for every of the components.
- Chili powder
- Floor cumin
- Paprika – I like to make use of smoked paprika for fajitas.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper – For finest outcomes, use freshly-cracked black pepper.
The way to Make Fajita Seasoning
Right here’s the way to make this restaurant-quality fajita seasoning in only a few minutes. It’s as straightforward as recipes get!
- Combine. Put the entire components collectively in a bowl or a jar, and blend till properly mixed.
- Retailer. Switch the fajita combine to a spice jar or different hermetic container.
Methods and Variations
Listed below are a number of ideas for making the perfect fajita seasoning, and some variations you possibly can attempt.
- Alter to your liking. Probably the greatest issues about do-it-yourself seasoning mixes is that you may alter them to your tastebuds. If you happen to like your fajitas spicier, you possibly can enhance the chili powder and black pepper, or add cayenne pepper or scorching paprika. If you happen to don’t like spicy meals, simply reduce on the chili. You possibly can add chipotle powder for added smokiness, or dried herbs like oregano, thyme, and rosemary for a more energizing taste. Be happy so as to add and subtract based mostly on what you want!
- Use contemporary spices. Dried spices don’t expire, however they do lose their taste over time. For the freshest and most flavorful fajita seasoning, use spices that you just’ve bought throughout the final yr.
- Shake earlier than utilizing. Generally do-it-yourself spice rubs can separate over time, because the heavier components sink to the underside of the jar. Earlier than utilizing this smoky and spicy fajita seasoning, give the jar a shake to ensure the components are combined collectively.
What to Make With Do-it-yourself Fajita Seasoning
It goes with out saying that the perfect factor that you are able to do with this spice rub is make fajitas! I exploit 2 Tablespoons of this recipe for each pound or 1 ½ kilos of meat. You should utilize it as a dry rub, or combine it with olive oil and lime juice to create a marinade. Then all you must do is make your favourite fajitas (I’m at the moment in love with Instantaneous Pot Rooster Fajitas). It’s also possible to use fajita seasoning to taste the meat in some other Mexican recipe, akin to Taco Casserole, Mexican Pizza, or Totchos.
The way to Retailer
Storing do-it-yourself fajita seasoning couldn’t be simpler. All you must do is place it in an hermetic container and hold it out of direct daylight. It would final perpetually, however I like to recommend utilizing it inside a yr or the flavors will develop stale.
Extra Straightforward Do-it-yourself Spice Rubs
I like to make my very own seasonings and spice rubs. It’s such a straightforward option to take my cooking to the following stage, all whereas saving cash. Listed below are a number of different spice rubs that you may make in only a few minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons floor cumin
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 scant teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the entire spices collectively.
- Retailer in an hermetic container out of direct daylight.
- Use 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning for every 1-1 1/2 pound of meat.
- You should utilize this as a dry rub, or combine it with olive oil and lime juice to make a marinade.
- For finest outcomes, use spices which were bought throughout the final yr.
- The fajita seasoning will final indefinitely if retailer out of direct daylight, however will begin to get rather less flavorful after a yr.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 22Complete Fats 1gSaturated Fats 0gTrans Fats 0gUnsaturated Fats 1gLdl cholesterol 0mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Diet Disclaimer: All info introduced on this web site is meant for informational functions solely. I’m not an authorized nutritionist and any dietary info shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com ought to solely be used as a common guideline.
I created a enjoyable group on Fb, and I might love so that you can be a part of us! It’s a spot the place you possibly can share YOUR favourite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you just by no means miss a brand new recipe)!
You should definitely observe me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all of the fantastic DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
You should definitely observe me on my social media, so that you by no means miss a put up!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE: